- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, borrow socks provided at the studio, or purchase Bar Method logo socks with sticky grips at the studio.
FREE parking is plentiful in and around the studio.
ADDRESS: 2751 Roosevelt Road, Suite 200 in Point Loma’s Liberty Station at the corner of Historical Decatur and Roosevelt. We are across from Solare, the HUGE flag, and upstairs from San Diego Gymnastics. We are next door to Point Loma Sports Club.
COMING FROM 8 GOING WEST: exit Rosecrans and turn left on Roosevelt into Liberty Station. We are two blocks up on the right.
COMING FROM 5 GOING SOUTH: exit Rosecrans and turn left on Roosevelt into Liberty Station. We are two blocks up on the right.
COMING FROM 5 GOING NORTH: exit Pacific Highway, go left on Barnett and left on Truxton (back entrance to Liberty Station). Follow Truxton until you hit Roosevelt. Left on Roosevelt. We are two blocks up on the right.
COMING FROM HARBOR DRIVE: Turn right into Liberty Station on Lanning. Stay in right lane and turn right on Cushing. Left on Roosevelt. We are in the first block on the left side.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. You may ask the front desk manager to keep your phone for you during class if you are expecting a VERY important phone call. Otherwise, store it in the lockers with the rest of your belongings. Cell phones are disruptive to others in class and also interfere with our wireless microphone headsets.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside the studio door, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
We proudly offer a 15% discount off all regularly priced packages to active military, students, social workers, and teachers. Discount is APPLIED IN STUDIO ONLY. Proof of ID required.
Discount does not apply to already reduced packages or sale items such as but not excluding: 10 Days for $10 Intro Offer, $100 New Client Special, $125 Extension Monthly Auto-pay or the semi annual class pack sale.
Reservations & Waitlist
While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and are often sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class or call us 619.226.2301 to reserve your class. Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance.
Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, we HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU to put yourself on the waitlist as you will most likely get in. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification. Please confirm whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
Cancellations & No-shows
- If you cannot attend class, please make your best effort to cancel your class online or call the studio 619.226.2301 an hour before class to avoid being charged $10 for a no-show. It takes group effort and courtesy to make sure everyone can get a spot in class!
- If you are using class packs, a no-show results in a $10 charge but you don’t lose the class. If we don’t have your credit card on file it results in the loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your month will be deducted one day for each no show.
- IT TAKES A VILLAGE. Thank you for being considerate to your fellow clients and giving them a chance to take your spot!
Late Arrival to Class
- First time students may NOT enter class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended. The purpose is not only to ensure you are properly warmed up and keep your body safe, but also to ensure you have the best possible first time experience.
- Returning students MIXED level or MOVE may enter an ongoing class up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class or push ups, whichever comes first. The purpose is to ensure you are properly warmed up and to keep your body safe from injury. You may enter an EXPRESS class no later than 5 minutes late.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in. We don’t care if you ran to class…it helps us keep the requirement consistent and ensure that you are properly warmed up.
- First-time students who are pregnant must take at least 5 pre-natal exercise classes [ok to do the Pregnancy DVD available for purchase online or in studio] before joining the regular class.
- New and continuing pregnant students must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Refer to Pregnant Or Post Natal for detailed modification information.
Childcare is offered children ages 1-10. Services are provided NEXT DOOR to our studio at Point Loma Sports Club. Hours vary weekend/weekday:
MON – THUR: 9am – 1pm & 5:30pm – 7:30pm
FRI – SUN: 9am – 12pm
- You do not need to reserve in advance. Drop in ok.
- Services for Bar Method clients only
- You do not need to be a Point Loma Sports Club member to use the childcare facility.
- $15 per child per TWO hours. Cash only.
- Monthly unlimited childcare options available.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Illness & Injuries
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctors note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.